Lunga Attorneys (LA) has inexplicable expertise in a vast of legal areas one can think of. However, without derogating from the generality of the aforesaid, we provide services in the following fields:-
Corporate & Commercial
We have the expertise to serve and adapt to the needs of our national and international clients, in all their diversity. Our corporate and commercial practice covers a wide range of transactions such as:
- Contractual transactions between business entities
- Business formation, mergers and acquisition. Our role in mergers and acquisitions include the following;
- Carrying out due diligence reviews
- Negotiating and structuring the deal including preparation of agreements
- Drafting Shareholder Agreements
- Trainings to management on any legal aspects that might arise
- Advise in corporate governance that address the needs of the corporate
- Litigation as required.
Labour Law Consultancy
The firm among other issues provides the following services:
- Preparation of contracts of employment
- Preparation of employment codes of Conduct
- Preparation of constitutions
- Employee share ownership schemes
- Legal Advice on Disciplinary Procedures and Retrenchments
- Chairing disciplinary hearings and employment issues
- Trainings on Labour laws
- Dispute resolution which starts from disciplinary hearings at company stage, conciliation, arbitration, labour court adjudication and up to the Supreme Court/Constitutional Court.
Compliance & Corporate Governance
- Company secretarial practice
- Regulatory and legislative compliance relevant to a specific industry
- Drafting of commercial agreements
Debt Collection (Foreclosures)
- Recovery of all bad debts on behalf of clients with a guaranteed short turn around in our debt collection service
- Initial legal proceedings
- Defending legal action from the onset to finalization of appeal, covering a full range of legal problems common to corporates and individuals including:
- commercial disputes
- personal injuries claims
- family law matters
- construction disputes
- defamation suits
- civil and criminal matters, etc
- Where appropriate, alternative dispute resolution mechanisms are recommended to clients in order to ensure expeditious resolution of matters in a cost-effective manner.
- Access to minor children
- Guardianship matters
- Division of matrimonial assets.
Conveyancing and Notarial Practice
- Registration of transfers and securitisation i.e mortgage and notarial bonds
- Drafting and Registration of Notarial Deeds of Trust
- Our turnaround time is normally 3 days when all the documents are available.
Estate Planning & Administration
- Our services also cover the individual’s wealth management needs during and after life
- Estate planning services for individual clients; incorporating drafting, registration and safe custody of wills and family and other trusts, as well as deceased and insolvent estate administration.
We are guided by the Law Society tariff which states that our fees should be based on time spent on the job, the complexity of the matter, expertise required and the importance of the matter to the client. The tariff is available at our offices should you require any further information.